16 August 2012

Cream Dory w/Mustard Sauce

I’m not much of a fish lover, so I hardly cook with fish and my recipes for it are limited.  I usually cook bangus, tilapia & galunggong. Then the cream dory fish came! When it became popular and easily available here in the Philippines, my adventurous spirit in cooking fish perked up.  Cream dory fish is easy to cook and one can do many recipes with it.

One day, when we visited  Banapple Pies & Cheesecakes, I ordered fish fillet with mustard sauce (plus garlic rice) for my dinner.  The fish fillet tasted so good!  And I knew that the fish was of cream dory. While eating, it challenged me that I could do this recipe.  Ingredients and steps on how to cook it were running to my mind throughout dinner.
  

Thus, I did it last night.  My verdict came from my hubby, “Mmmm…tastes like in Banapple!”

Ingredients:
500 g Cream Dory fish (filleted and cut into serving proportion)
2 pcs White Eggs (beaten)
1 sachet Chicken Breading Frying Mix
1-2 cups Cornstarch
Cooking Oil for deep frying
80 ml Kraft Miracle Whip All-Purpose Dressing
1-1  ½ tps McCormick Prepared Mustard

Procedures:
Mustard Sauce
  1. In a mixing bowl, combine all-purpose dressing and mustard.
  2. Mix thoroughly until dressing has changed color evenly.
  3. Mixture must have bright yellow color.

Fish
  1. Drench fish into Chicken Breading Frying Mix.
  2. Dip covered fish into beat eggs.
  3. Turn over fish into cornstarch.
  4. Pre-heat cooking oil in deep frying pan.
  5. Deep fry fish in medium heat until golden brown.
  6. Set aside on plate with paper towel.

Serving
  1. Put dressing in an icing pouch/bag.
  2. Arrange fish in a clean platter.
  3. Top fish with the mustard dressing/sauce.

Makes 4-6 servings.

Tip:
  1. If you haven't achieve the desired color of your mustard sauce, add again a little bit of prepared mustard in the dressing then mix thoroughly.  Don't make the yellow color too dark coz the taste might turn sour and bitter.
  2. If you don’t have icing pouch/bag, you can put the dressing into a sandwich plastic bag then push content to one corner of the bag forming like a cone.  Cut the end of the plastic bag then squeeze dressing on top of the fish.

1 comment:

  1. Very awesome tutorials on how to create awesome dish, it is sad that it's hard for me to cook one T_T but I must try for me to learn and for my girlfriend, I must say you're an awesome to share your talent on how to bake.. I probably buy the ingredients online I wish you could help me to find ingredients at https://www.goods.ph/ it is a big help for my part because I really want to try this one :) its our anniversary this Sunday 8 its a good help :) appreciate every inch of this tutorials..

    ReplyDelete

Sabi ni KIKAY

Foodtrip ni Kikay

Pageviews: