25 February 2013

Okra Ensalada

Okra, known in many English-speaking countries as lady's finger or gumbo pod, is one of my hubby’s favorite vegetables.  I’m looking for other way how to serve it in such a way my husband would enjoy eating it other than adding it in Pakbet or Sinigang.  So I thought of ensalada.  Instead of my usual mango ensalada, this time Okra Ensalada! It’s so easy to prepare!!

Ingredients:
10 pcs. Okra (medium)
1-2 pcs Minced White Onion
1-2 pcs. Sliced/Minced Tomato(medium riped)
3-4 tbs. Bagoong Guisado
2 cups Water
2 cups Iced Water

Procedures:
  1. In a sauce pan, boil water.
  2. Blanch Okra for 30 seconds.
  3. Remove okra from hot water and dipped in iced water.
  4. Arrange okra in a serving plate and top it with onion, tomato and bagoong.
Makes 2-3 servings
Tip:  Never let okra stay in hot water more that a minute for it will overcooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sabi ni KIKAY

Foodtrip ni Kikay

Pageviews: