28 May 2011

Cook It On!

I thought writing a recipe is as easy as 1-2-3.  I tell you, it’s damn difficult!  I love to cook but I don’t use any cookbooks.  I invent my own recipes.  If I want a food that I tasted somewhere, I try to remember the taste and figure out the ingredients behind it; then I do my version.  But the problem with my version, I don’t really measure the ingredients I used in every dish I make.  I always use estimation, a little of this and a little of that.  Since I love Math, I equate cooking as problem solving.  Hence, my method is usually TAE (trial and error).  It challenges me that way, and it gives me so much pleasure just like when I figure out the solution on a Math problem.  Given that, I hardly share my recipes because I’m afraid it won’t turn out just the way it should be.  That is why I ended up being the cook of the family in every special occasion.

Now, I realized I gotta learn to use measurements in every time I cook special dish . And Luto ni Kikay inspires me to do so.  With the help of my family and friends,  I can do  it.  COOK IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sabi ni KIKAY

Foodtrip ni Kikay

Pageviews: