31 July 2011

Fish & Tofu with Honey Sauce

Because I was busy these past few days, my family is complaining lately on the food I’d been serving them.  They got tired of same old food (actually it’s usually Jollibee food).  My daughter told me that she misses my cooking.  She said,“Mama, I miss your cooking invention! When are you not going to be busy anymore so you can cook new recipe again?”
I guess, my schedule today is notthat tight..so I have time to cook. :) This recipe is easy to cook for it will onlytake 10-15 minutes including prep time.


Ingredients:
2 pcs. Steamed Tofu/Tokwa (cut into cubes)
500 grams Fresh Labahita Fish Fillet (cut into bite sizes)
1 tbs. Ginger (minced)
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 pc. Small Onion (minced)
2 tbs. Soy Sauce
1 tbs. Oyster Sauce
1 ¼ cup Water
1 tbs. Cornstarch
1 tps. Brown Sugar
1 tbs. HONEY
2 Leaks (cut into small sizes)
Chicken Breading Frying Mix
A dash of black pepper powder(optional)
Cooking oil (for deep frying)

Procedures:
  1. Drench and/or cover fish evenly with chicken breading mix.
  2. Deep fry fish and tofu until golden brown. 
  3. Set aside.  
  4. In a mixing bowl, combine and mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, water, cornstarch, brown sugar, honey & pepper(optional).
  5. In a wok, sauté garlic, gingerand onion.
  6. Add mixed sauce and simmer for 1min. (medium heat)
  7. Add fish, tofu and leaks.  Stir well and simmer for another minute.
  8. Serve while hot.
Makes 3-4 servings.
 TIP:   Do not overfry the fish and tofu.

souce:  Luto ni Kikay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sabi ni KIKAY

Foodtrip ni Kikay

Pageviews: