20 July 2011

Shrimp Adobo

Usually when I cook adobo it's either pork and/or chicken.  But my taste buds got tired of the same thing.  Tonight I decided to give it a try..."What If I adobonize the shrimp?"  I still used the basic ingredients in regular adobo but I put ginger to give an added distinct taste.  The verdict... my family loved it!



Ingredients:
500 g Shrimp Suahe (remove hair/antenna)
2 tbs. Cane Vinegar
4 tbs. Soy Sauce
4 gloves Garlic (minced)
1 medium Onion (chopped)
1 tbs. Ginger (minced or grated)
1 tbs. Brown Sugar
dash of Powdered Black Pepper
2 tbs. Cooking Oil

Procedures:
  1. In a mixing bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, onion, ginger & pepper.
  2. Mix thoroughly until sugar is dissolved.
  3. Put shrimp in the mixture and marinate for 30 minutes.
  4. Pre-heat oil in a stir fry pan.
  5. Stir fry shrimp (including the sauce) over medium heat until it changes color evenly.
  6. Cover the pan and simmer for 2minutes or until shrimp is cooked.
Makes 5-6 servings.

Tip:  Do not overcook shrimp. 

source:  Luto ni Kikay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sabi ni KIKAY

Foodtrip ni Kikay

Pageviews: