07 June 2011

Pork Binagoongan (Pork w/ Shrimp Paste)

                           
I have no idea on how to cook pork binagoongan.  When my family eats in Filipino restaurant, we don't order it because of the kids.  It might be spicy or too tasty for them.  But somehow at the back of my mind, I really want this dish.  Somehow I'm thinking...I gotta try to cook pork binagoongan.

My hubby liked it! Though he doesn't like cocomilk based dishes much, somehow he liked my version.  I think my first try was a success. 

I hope you'll love my version when you try cooking it too.
                                              
                               

Ingredients:
500g Pork Kasim (menudo cut)
½ cup Bagoong Guisado
1cup Cocomilk
5 tbs. Cane Vinegar
5 tbs. Soy Sauce
2 cups Water
1tps. Brown Sugar
1 medium White Onion (minced)
2 gloves Garlic (minced)
1 medium Ladyfinger Pepper “Siling Pangsigang” (sliced diagonally)

Procedures:
  1. In a sauce pan, put water & pork.  Bring to boil then remove bubbles.
  2. Add vinegar, garlic & onion. 
  3. Simmer until pork tenders & water lessens with occasional stirring.
  4. Add cocomilk, soy sauce, & brown sugar.
  5. Simmer until cocomilk produces oil with occasional stirring.
  6. Add bagoong guisado & ladyfinger pepper. Stir well.
  7. Serve while hot.
 Makes3 – 4 servings.
Tips:  You can serve it on a sizzling plate.  And you can add chilli pepper for more spicy taste.

For more recipes, visit Luto ni Kikay home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sabi ni KIKAY

Foodtrip ni Kikay

Pageviews: