16 June 2011

PS I ♥ U

I love pork and I love shrimp.  But I usually cook them separately.  One day I was thinking...what if I combine pork & shrimp in one recipe?  Ingredients started to run into my mind.  Different ingredients keep popping since then.  "Gotta cook it soon!" So, I'll stop wondering how it tastes.  PS I♥U is one of my original recipes.  I guess my first try was successful coz my family loved it.



Ingredients:
200 g. Pork Lomo (sirloin) cut into thin bite size
250 g. Tiger Shrimp (shelled & deveined)
½ cup Evaporated Milk
½ pack Knorr Cream of Corn (80g/pack)
1 tbs. Tomato Paste
1 tbs. Oyster Sauce
½ cup Cornstarch
2 cups water
2 tbs. Grated Cheese
1 pc. Medium Carrot (diced)
1 pc. Medium Red Bell Pepper(diced)
1 pc. Medium Green Bell Pepper(diced)
1 pc. Medium Onion (chopped)
2 gloves Garlic (minced)
Cooking oil for deep frying & sautéing
Salt & Pepper for seasoning

Procedures:
  1. Drench pork into cornstarch and deep fry until golden brown.  Set aside.
  2. Pre-heat 1 tbs. cooking oil on non-stick pan and cook shrimp until shrimps equally change color. Set aside.
  3. Mix water & cream of corn in a sauce pan and simmer it over low fire until sauce thickens. Set aside.
  4. In a wok, sauté garlic & onion then add carrot & tomato paste. Toss & turn until paste is well distributed.
  5. Lessen the heat and add milk.  Simmer for 1 minute while continuously stirring the sauce.
  6. Add the cream of corn, oyster sauce & bell peppers.  Simmer for another minute.  Continue stirring.
  7. Add the pork and shrimp then stir.
  8. Add the cheese and stir.  Season to taste.
  9. Serve while hot.
Makes 4-5 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sabi ni KIKAY

Foodtrip ni Kikay

Pageviews: